Memorial Day Weekend is the official start of summer in most parts of the United States and here in the North County San Diego area, we will be celebrating the holiday with a wide variety of family-oriented activities. Whether you are a long-time resident or have just recently arrived in our area, The Lund Team invites you to partake in the fun and then follow it up with our traditional, always inspiring Memorial Day Remembrance Celebration. Here are all the details to help you schedule your holiday weekend!
Celebrate the Holiday with Locally Grown Food
Luscious, locally grown foods are part of the summer here in the North County San Diego area, and this Memorial Day Weekend offers the chance for some of the areas tastiest offerings.
- The Vista Strawberry Festival, in downtown Vista – once known as the “strawberry capital of the world” – kicks off on Sunday, May 29th, 2016 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Featuring more than 300 venders, live entertainment, carnival rides and contests, it is sure to be a fun day for the entire family. Admission is free and more information can be found at www.vistastrawberryfest.com.
- Leucadia/Encinitas Farmer’s Market & Art Fair takes place each Sunday during the summer months, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Paul Ecke Elementary School, located at 185 Union Street in Encinitas. Local growers will be offering a wide variety of the freshest produce and the local artist’s offerings add even more appeal.
Cars, Trains, and Music
In addition to tasty offerings, Memorial Day Weekend activities in the North County San Diego area will include:
- Trains for Kids in Oceanside, where train enthusiasts of all ages can enjoy the North County Model Railroad Museum on Saturday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Kids will especially enjoy this activity, as they are welcome to operate the model trains on display. Additional information can be found by contacting the North County Model Railroad Society.
- American Heritage Car Show offers fun for the car buffs in the family (and really, who doesn’t love looking at beautiful cars from the past?). More than 200 vehicles are expected to be on display in Grape Day Park at 321 North Broadway, Escondido on Saturday, May 28th, between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., so be sure to stop by. Admission is free for looking, and if you would like to display your car, a small vehicle entry fee is required. More information can be found here.
- Want to get out and see some live music? There are plenty of opportunities throughout Carlsbad and other North County communities. Check out this list from the San Diego Reader.
A Time to Remember
No Memorial Day Celebration is complete without taking time to reflect on our freedom and the sacrifice that many made to allow us to enjoy it. Please consider joining North County San Diego area residents in remembering our brave soldiers at the Memorial Day Remembrance in Oceanside, an all day celebration on May 30th, 2016 at the Veteran’s Association of North County (VANC), at 1617 Mission Avenue in Oceanside. Find directions and additional information.
The Lund Team is proud to offer a complete menu of professional real estate services for both buyers and sellers throughout the North County San Diego area, including the communities of Carlsbad, Oceanside, San Marcos, Vista, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe and Escondido. If you have questions about selling or buying, or about the real estate market in general, we invite you to contact one of our real estate professionals today. At The Lund Team, we know that real estate is not just about selling houses – it is about helping families find real solutions to their housing needs. We hope to hear from you soon!Posted by Tyson Lund on