Our North County real estate team has been in the business since 1982 and one of the number one things we still see as a huge factor into the success of selling your home is curb appeal. Attracting a potential home buyer begins by how your home looks on the outside. While it will take some work to get your yard in tip-top shape, the outcome will be worth it.
Here are some tips to get started to help spruce up your home:
- Clean up the yard. Rake up all dead leaves and branches. Make sure the grass is clear of animal waste, ant hills, trash, or anything else unsightly. Your grass should look green and pristine.
- Create beautiful, but simple landscaping. Mow the lawn and make sure any bare patches have been filled in with grass. Prune any bushes and if you decide to plant any flowers, make sure they are easy to maintain. It’s nice to add in color, but you don’t want to make it look like it’ll be too much work.
- Take a look at the exterior of your home and look for any flaws. Clear out the gutters, power wash the sides, and clean the outside windows and screens.
- Simplify your porch and patio spaces. A cluttered space isn’t visually pleasing. Eliminate any unnecessary adornments and make the areas look like an inviting place to relax.
- Ensure irrigation systems and faucets are all in good working order and aren’t rusted or too noticeable.
A landscaping project doesn’t have to be costly or require you to hire a professional. It just takes a little extra attention to all areas of your property to turn it into prime real estate. Planning ahead helps you give your home the attention it deserves as you prepare it for a new family.
Our Carlsbad realtors know what goes into the preparation for a successful sale and what the seller needs to do to exceed expectations. We can guide you through the entire process and make it a satisfactory experience for you. For questions about home selling preparation and other real estate needs, contact The Lund Team at (760) 438-0800 to schedule an appointment with one of our agents.Posted by Tyson Lund on