For families planning a vacation and people thinking of relocating to San Diego, finding something to do isn't a problem, but deciding where to start is! You can find something to do, see or eat in North County almost 365 days a year. Here is just a small sampling of kid and family-friendly activities waiting for you when you arrive.
- iFLY is a vertical wind tunnel and indoor sky-diving venue is the next best thing to free-falling from a jump plane at 13,000 feet. Experience bodyflight for the first time, or hone your competitive formation techniques with a personal coach.
- GLOWZONE's fun, challenging activity zones include rock climbing, Bazooka Ball, a Skyscraper ropes course, miniature golf, bumper cars and an arcade room – all bathed in colorful neon lighting.
- You are never too young to form healthy exercise habits. My Gym offers classes and programs for infants, toddlers and children that strengthen the body and the mind. Plus, they host birthday parties and special events.
- Legoland California's main theme park, water park and aquarium make for an entire weekend of fun. The newest hotel, Legoland Castle, opens in April 2018.
Commune with Nature
Outdoor enthusiasts will find roughly 160 hiking, walking and running trails, including:
- San Dieguito County Park Trails is a 125-acre park in Delmar with playgrounds, fitness stations and spectacular views from suspension bridges.
- San Eligo Lagoon Ecological Reserve offers designated horseback trails, a one-mile wheelchair accessible path and more than 1,000 flora and fauna species on the Nature Center Loop.
- Village Park Off-Leash Trail in Encinitas is the perfect place to let your well-behaved pup run free and exercise without any guilt – or choose from more than two dozen pet friendly beaches and parks in the region.
- Annie's Canyon Trail is a roughly two-mile hike in Solana Beach. Some parts are steep, but the walk is mostly moderate. Be sure to look for the Mushroom Cave.
Enrich the Mind
Explore the North County's rich cultural heritage and meet local artists and musicians at one our 15 must-visit museum and activity centers.
- EcoVivarium is an exciting experience that makes learning geography, math and science fun. The museum is home to rescued anthropoids, reptiles and amphibians. Special displays and a highly trained staff make this outing perfect for seniors and special needs visitors.
- The California Center for the Arts in Escondido offers something for every member of the family – concerts, sculpture gardens, local and internationally known artists' collections, and more.
- The Miniature Engineering Craftsman Museum is a wonder-filled world of tiny machines – model cars, trains, planes and some strange contraptions that you aren't quite sure what they are or what they do.
Renew the Spirit
Along with all the entertainment and educational venues, North County has some of the most spectacular scenic views and quiet spaces in the US. If you want to take in the beauty and renew your spirit, hop on Highway 101 at Cardiff and drive to San Diego. On the way, be sure to stop and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and take time to visit the public gardens behind the Self Realization Meditation Garden in Encinitas.
Broker Associate | 01385039